Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Latest DofE Expedition News click here
Your DofE Contacts
DofE Boys' Brigade Manager: Jonathan Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
DofE Expedition Advisor: Malcolm McFadden Dofeni@boys-brigade.org.uk
Outdoor Clothing Discounts
The following retailers are offering discount to BB members:
Cotswold Outdoors - 20% discount. To claim the discount please quote the code AF-BOYSBGD-L3 or in-store you can also present a valid BB Leader registration card.
Snow and Rock - 20% discount
Surf Mountain - 20% discount, available in store at Bangor, Lisburn, and Newtownards.
Go Outdoors - 15% discount
DofE Expedition Notifications
Please send one e mail for notification per expedition group to include: 1 x Green Form, 1 x set of maps and 1 x set of route cards. Please note expedition numbers will not be issued for Qualifying Expeditions where there has been no Green Form or number issued for a suitable practice expedition.
Please send Bronze Expeditions Notifications to your BB Battalion Adviser for checking and verification. Silver and Gold expedition notifications must be sent to: email@example.com, or posted to NIHQ at Newport.
- Expedition Process Flowchart
- Online Expedition Notification Form
- Paper Expedition Notification Form
Pilot Age Range for Bronze and Sliver Awards
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award UK are running a pilot on the age range for participation at Bronze and Silver levels. From August 2015 young people can start their Bronze award in the academic year they turn 14 and their Silver in the academic year they turn 15. Please note there is no change at Gold level.
The criteria for the pilot is clear and specific:
Bronze Award: Participants can enrol and start the Bronze Award in the school year in which you turn 14, which for NI is Year 10. This is the case whether the participant is doing DofE in school or with any other DofE centre type. Note! If a pupil has been put forward a year and will not be 14 in that school year, they may not start the Bronze Award.
Silver Award: Participants can enrol and start the Silver Award in the school year in which you turn 15, which for NI is Year 11. This applies whether whether the participant is doing DofE in school or any other DofE centre type. Participants may be a direct entrant to Silver under the same criteria - if the pupil has been put forward a year and will not be 15 in the school year, they may not start the Silver Award.
There is no change to Gold Award criteria and participants can only enrol for Gold on or after their 16th birthday.
The following forms and publications are available for download (PDFfiles) Further resources are available at www.dofe.org.
- BB Expedition Handbook
- DofE Expedition News March 2016
- DofE Handbook Revisions 2008
- DofE Training Flyer
- Volunteering Section
- Map & Direction to DofE NI Headquarters
- Ulster Wildlife Volunteering Opportunity 2019
- List of DofE Expedition Assessors 2019
- Expedition Notification Process
- Expedition Update April 2016
- Expedition Ideas
- Expedition Planner
- Physical Ideas
- Physical Planner
- Residential Guidelines
- Residential Ideas
- Residential Planner
- Skills Ideas
- Skills Planner
- Volunteering Ideas
- Volunteering Planner
- Countryside Etiquette
- Access to the Antrim Hills
Useful DofE Resources/Links:
- DofE Surgery 4 July 2019
- Direction to DofE Office, Belfast
- eDofE Guide for Participants
- DofE Resource Zone
- eDofE Training Videos
- DofENI Training Courses
- Claim Form - use to request badges for completed Bronze & Silver Awards
- Participation Place/Packs Order Form (for Companies to order packs)
- Participation Enrolment Form (for company use only)
- Centre Enrolment Form
- Leader Enrolment Form (for eDofE access)
- Claim Bronze and Silver Awards for Non eDofE Users
- Claim Gold Award for Non eDofE Users
- Gold Notification Form - GA8
- Gold Award GReenhill YMCA Residential 2016
- Online Expedition Notification Form
- DofE Route Card
Please send us your pics and we will post them here. We would like to see pictures of all aspects of DofE not just the expedition element.